2022 Public Power Community Conference: Navigating an Industry in Transition
LPPC and S&P Global Ratings have come together to co-host the 2022 Public Power Community Conference: Navigating an Industry in Transition on September 13, 2022, at the Harvard Club in New York City.
The electric utility industry is undergoing a transformation, and public power plays a unique and significant role in this change. The 2022 Public Power Community Conference, co-hosted by LPPC and S&P Global Ratings, is an opportunity to learn about how large public power utilities are responding to legislative and regulatory developments and evolving public sentiment that is contributing to transformative pressures. The conference will provide insights into how public power utility management is simultaneously balancing the sector’s mission to deliver reliable and affordable electric service to millions of Americans with perpetuating historically sound financial performance that protects the sector’s investors and promotes access to capital.
LPPC and S&P will host a series of issue-oriented panel discussions featuring CEOs from LPPC utilities and members of the financial community who will share their perspectives on the issues, events, challenges, and opportunities facing public power. Discussion topics will include:
- The macroeconomic landscape and its implications for the electric power industry’s production and capital investment as the industry transitions from carbon-intensive fuels.
- Operational and financial considerations as electric utilities advance environmental stewardship.
- How management teams are positioning their utilities to preserve their access to capital, disclose their ESG-related activities, share the perspectives of the banking community, and the role of ESG factors in credit ratings.
- How utilities are balancing consumer sensitivities with the need to recover rising costs as inflated energy production costs, capital costs, and financing costs are creating a need for retail rate increases.
- The strategies management teams are pursuing at leading public power utilities to prepare their utilities to withstand an increasingly unpredictable financial and operational environment.
This event is invitation only. If you’re a member of the financial community interested in attending the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.